Tuesday 3 November 2015

My daily make-up routine

So I just thought that I'd share my daily make up routine with you. This is just the make up I'd wear on a typical uni day for example rather than when I going out on a night out or somewhere special. It is all products available in high street shops although some products are slightly pricey.
 
Step 1- I ALWAYS moisturise and prime my face before I even start to put anything on my face. I've found that if I don't do this my foundation goes patchy throughout the day and it doesn't last as long.
 
Step 2- I use Clinique's beyond perfection foundation in the colour Creamwhip (4) which is a fairly light colour with a yellow tone to it as my skin is naturally on the yellower side. I apply this by putting a stripe down my nose, on both my cheeks, my chin and my forehead and blending it with a flat foundation brush. You don't need much of this foundation as a little goes a long way due to the fairly thick texture. I LOVE this product as it lasts the whole day and it gives a fairly heavy coverage while not feeling too thick on my face.
Step 3- I've used this Clinique loose powder for 6 months or so now and I'm only about half way through the tub. It seems to last FOREVER. It gives such a matte finish to my skin which lasts for hours. I use the invisible blend which is designed for most skin shades as it just mattes your skin rather than adding colour.

















Step 4- I actually use a natural collection eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows as I found that it matches the colour better than any eyebrow product I've used before. I use a small angled brush to define the edges of my eyebrow before filling in any gaps. I use Benefit's 'Gimmie Brow' to just set them into place and add a little volume.
 
Step 5- I tend to do the same shape eyeliner everyday using Maybelline's Master Precise eyeliner pen as its quick and easy. I line my top lid all the way from each edge before adding a little flick to create a semi-cat eye effect. It has quite a flexible applicator and I the colour is lovely and thick unlike some which I've found to come out a little grey rather than black.
Step 6- I find that after I have done all of the previous steps I can sometimes have dropped powder onto my eyelashes so before applying my mascara I do a downward stroke on the top lashes just to remove any dust that might make my eyelashes stick together. I then use upward strokes and wiggle the brush along my eyelashes until they are fanned out and have more length to them.
Step 7- Hoola bronzer by Benefit it by FAR the best bronzer I have tried. I love the colour as its not too orange but yet not so dark that I look like I've contoured with mud. I use the provided brush to emphasise my cheek bones and give my face a little more structure before blending the bronzer up to my temples and across my forehead which gives a more sun kissed look. To finish off this slight contouring I add 3 small dots of Benefit's High Beam highlighter to the top of my cheeks and blend with my finger.
Step 8- Last but not least I use a Mac lip liner to add volume to my lips and define the edges before filling them in with a Clinique lipstick. If I fancy adding a little shine to my lips I will top it all off with Soap & Glory's Sexy Motherpucker lip gloss. This contains plumping ingredients which make your lips tingle...it is AMAZING STUFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment