Friday 16 October 2015

My bra fitting experience

So last weekend I went shopping in Milton Keynes for some late birthday presents from my boyfriend. After walking round for an hour or so I decided that I wanted some more underwear (a huge obsession of mine). So I start picking out some pretty bras in what I thought was my size. I stroll into the changing rooms with 8 different bras to try on, all in a 36D. I put the first one on which seemed fine to me, but to double check I asked the woman working to have a look. She took one look at me and said one word.. Nope. 10 seconds later she reappears with a bra the size of my face. I tried it on and she decided that this was 100% my size. Thinking that maybe she had gone a cup or 2 bigger size on me, I asked what size this was exactly. A 32FF. 
After wandering round the store trying to find anything vaguely pretty in this new found size of mine, I ended up choosing a bra by Floozie in a 34E, which I'm so glad I did buy because once at home it fitted me perfectly.  So well in fact that I went into the Northampton store the next week and bought the same bra in a different colour. Once you take into account the change in cup size when you go up a back size, this was only 1 cup different to what she had suggested.

Moral of the story ladies.. Go for a bra fitting and definitely take into account the tips they give you but in the end wear what you feel most comfortable in. Every bra, that I've tried on anyway, seems to come up differently so definitely try before you buy. So my tips from this are simply make sure the wire isn't digging into the breast tissue and that the back strap is tight enough to provide support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment