Thursday 15 October 2015

Fashion through time

Hi guys, so as a module for my course we have been looking at fashion between 1900 and 1999 and have been creating a visual timeline for each decade. It's been so interesting to see how fashion has changed in only one century. I've been basing my theme around Vogue covers from each era with actual Vogue titles to make them look a little more authentic. I've been using photoshop to create my mood boards with photographs that I've collected online of both fashion at the time and historical events. 
I have also been designing an outfit for each decade to add into my work and make it a little more personal. So far the 1920's fashion has been my favourite to research but that may be somewhat due of the fact that I LOVE the Great Gatsby film and all of the outfits that they wear! Below are photos of my first 8 decades between the 1900s and 1970s. 
Now I'll admit I'm not an expert fashion designer or drawer so I have been cheating with templates for all of my models figures but otherwise they'd look terrible so this was really my only option. I'll upload a photo of my final piece when it's finished! 


1 comment:

  1. These look great. Downton Abbey is a great programme for seeing how fashion changed in the early 20th century

    ReplyDelete