Monday 7 December 2015

Working while at uni

Along side uni I have managed to get two part-time jobs. These are both flexible in terms of when I work so it's just as and when I have spare time and want to make a little money. 
The first job I have is being a student ambassador for the university. My job basically includes helping out at open days, occasional office work and other odd jobs that the uni needs help with. Doing this job definitely makes me feel more of a part of the uni rather than just one of the thousands of students. I've only worked one open day so far but hopefully this will be a job I can carry on doing trough out the whole time I'm at uni. 

The second job I have is with a company called Events People in which I get to work at all kinds of events around the country doing stewarding and waitressing. So far I've worked at Northampton firework display, the MK football stadium and at the Deco theatre in Northampton. These have been great fun to work at because you're never doing the same thing. 
I do most shifts at both of these jobs with my friend Ashleigh who is on the same Fashion Marketing course as me and lives in the same halls. This makes going to new jobs so much easier for me as I feel more confident if I have at least one person that I already know there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment