Friday 18 December 2015

5 festive things I've done in December

Usually I get excited for Christmas but never really do anything to celebrate until closer to the actual day. But this year I am LOVING December. So much has happened already this month to get me into the Christmas spirit. Have a read at why I'm basically Father Christmas this year.

1. Thorntons advent calendar - One of the best things about Christmas is the abundance of chocolate that appears and tends to last until February. This year I treated myself to a Thorntons continental advent calendar which is slightly more pricey but definitely worth it.

2. Bought a real Christmas tree - this year is the first year that I've bought a real tree. We've put it in our living room at the flat but it's potted with its roots so I'll take it and replant it in the garden when I go back home for Christmas. 

(Excuse Kayleigh's grumpy face haha)
3. Early Christmas dinner - last Sunday we decided to have a Christmas meal in our flat which grace and I cooked with all the trimmings. Everything went perfect until we spilt chicken juice everywhere but all in all it was a lovely day. 

4. Mulled wine at the Christmas market - Northampton's Christmas lights were turned on in November so as a flat we all went into town and walked round the Christmas market together. Of course no Christmas season is complete without mulled wine and this was my first one of the year. 

5. Christmas night out - as it was our last weekend all together we went out in town and had a Christmas themed night. My friend from home came to visit and it was such a good weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment