Sunday 31 January 2016

My January favourites


January is almost over now and 2016 well under way so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite things from this month.

1. Netflix series: I started watching Pretty Little Liars last year and I have to admit I did become a little obsessed. So when the new season came out I was excited to say the least. If you haven't watched it before and have some spare time on your hands then I'd definitely recommend you giving it a go. It's complicated and time consuming but once you start watching it, its hard to stop.
I have also got into the Once Upon a Time series and have just finished season 3. This is another one that I'd recommend especially if you, like me, love a fairytale story every now and then.

2. Pastel and Grey hair: Everywhere you look now a days there seems to be photos of girls with this coloured hair. I know that some people hate this and others love it, but I'm starting to warm to this trend and am tempted to try it myself.
 



3. Lazy girl hairstyles: I am the laziest person when it comes to doing my hair each day. About 90% of the time I either have a messy bun or a high pony tail as I just purely don't have the effort to spend hours each morning perfecting my hairstyle. However sometimes I like to mix up how I create my bun or pony tail and I have found a few videos by Zoella and Fancy Hair which have given me ideas on how to do this.






4. Plus size models: I have never been and probably never will be skinny, so I am loving the fact that larger size models are starting to be more common on clothing sites and some catwalk shows.The average size for women in the UK is a 14 so I think that this should definitely highlighted more by the clothing and fashion industry as being a size 4 is not a reality for the majority of girls. Although many of these models tend to have a flatter stomach than everyday women, they are definitely promoting a healthier body shape. I follow Iskra Lawrence on Instagram and seeing her photos definitely inspires me to get fitter without wanting to starve myself to achieve her figure.


5. Jumper dresses and thigh boots: Although I don't actually own either of these items, I absolutely adore the outfits that I see on Instagram and other sites. Both of these dresses are from the Lasula website.

 

6. Topshop Jamie jeans: I used to buy Topshop's Joni jeans as I like my jeans to have a little stretch in them so that they fit me comfortably. However I had to buy a new pair every 2 months or so because the inside of the thighs would wear out from where my thighs touch. After about a year of wearing these, I found Topshop's Jamie jeans which are slightly thicker but are still as comfortable to wear. These jeans are officially a god send. I have bought three different pairs now and they are all still in pretty much perfect condition. They have not worn out like the Joni ones used to and I wear them pretty much everyday. Definitely try these if you are looking for a new pair and like a slightly high waisted style that are lovely to wear.
 
(Disclaimer: None of these photos are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment